The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority has launched its 2017 Supply Chain Event on Thursday, November 2 – the largest of its kind in Europe.
The seventh annual event, held at EventCity in Manchester, is aimed at suppliers of all sizes that can provide the best possible solutions for nuclear decommissioning in the UK and abroad.
A highlight of the event will be the NDA Estate Supply Chain Awards, which recognise outstanding contributions to the NDA’s nuclear clean-up mission. Entries for the awards are now open.
This year the award categories are:
- Best supply chain collaboration
- Best technical innovation to benefit a site licence company
- Best enhancement of capability and capacity
- Best export of applications used in the NDA estate
- Minister’s award (chosen by the judges from applications of any of the other four categories)
- The deadline for submissions is September 7.
As with previous years, entry to the event will be free of charge to both visitors and exhibitors. Around 1,500 delegates and 250 exhibitors from across the globe are set to attend.
The NDA Estate Supply Chain Event is jointly organised by the NDA and its Site Licence Companies to promote opportunities for businesses interested in supplying into the decommissioning market.
It also provides an informal networking forum designed to foster collaboration and innovation, along with a focus on small and medium sized-enterprises (SMEs) gaining a better understanding of future developments in the sector.
David Peattie, NDA Chief Executive, will address delegates and presentations from industry experts will also feature as part of the day.